The Foot Clinic needs to collect information about you for the primary purpose of providing a quality service to you. In order to thoroughly assess, diagnose and provide therapy, we need to collect some personal information from you. If you do not provide this information we may be unable to treat you.
Terms and Conditions
- Our podiatrists are registered with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulatory Agency (AHPRA)
- All our procedures, consultations and record keeping are in accordance with the Podiatry Board of Australia’s policies, codes & guidelines.
- All patients are encouraged to ask questions during the consultation to ensure an understanding of the information being provided by the podiatrist.
- In healthcare, failure of a successful outcome of treatment does not equate to a lack of skill, an inappropriate level of care or incorrect treatment. Despite this, the podiatrists at The Foot Clinic are committed to reducing & resolving our patients’ painful conditions. Therefore, we offer complimentary review consultation for patients receiving customised orthotics after the initial 4-week wearing-in period.
- All custom-made orthotics must be collected within 6 weeks of the casting day. Failure to collect the orthotics within 6 weeks will result in all outstanding balances being recouped by The Foot Clinic and all additional costs associated with recouping these fees will be added to the outstanding balance.
- All calls/sessions may be monitored and recorded for record-keeping, training and quality assurance purposes.
- The Foot Clinic is also a teaching clinic for intern podiatrists, who may be in attendance during your consultation.
By using our services, it is assumed:
- You understand that it is your choice as to what information you provide and that withholding or falsifying information might act against the best interests of your assessment and therapy progress.
- You are aware that you can access your personal and treatment information on request and if necessary, correct information that you believe to be inaccurate.
- You understand that if, in exceptional circumstances, access is denied for legitimate purposes, the reasons for this and possible remedies will be made available to you.
- The Foot Clinic respects your privacy, we are bound by the Australian Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988
- These principles regulate our activities with respect to personal information collected by The Foot Clinic ABN 36 755 885 485 or via the website www.thefootclinic.net and the conduct of business activities.
How to contact us about privacy
- Your privacy is very important to us. For that reason, please read the following details carefully and get in contact with us if you have any questions. This policy is governed by the Australian National Privacy Principles located at oaic.gov.au/privacy/privacy-act/national-privacy-principles.
- You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by phone (08) 9384 3545
Collection and Purpose
- We understand information regarding your health and medical history is personal. Your patient file will be maintained with the utmost care for security, accuracy and confidentiality.
- The Foot Clinic may hold personal information collected during your podiatry appointments, or by phone and internet including the following
- Date of Birth
- Contact telephone numbers
- Postal Address
- Email Address
- Medical History
- Nature of the appointment
- Transaction details of services provided, and products purchased
- Additional information provided to us that relates to you
- We may collect personal information from you during the course of your use of our website and social media which enables us to provide a service to you.
- In addition, we collect cookies from your computer which enables us to tell when you use the website and social media and also to help customise your online experience.
- The purpose for which we collect personal information is to provide you with the best service experience possible online.
- Some provision of personal information is optional. However, if you do not provide us with certain types of personal information, you may be unable to enjoy the full functionality of the website and social media.
- We customarily disclose personal information to our service providers who assist us in operating the website and Customer Relationship Management software.
- We may disclose personal information to an unrelated third party with your consent, or if we are obliged to disclose it under law.
Access and correction
- The Australian Privacy Principles 6, 12 and 13 contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) allow you to get access to, and correct, the personal information we hold about you in certain circumstances. If you would like to obtain such access, please contact us on the details set out above.
- We have processes in place to ensure the security of your personal information, including encryption of all data when it is transferred to our service providers and limitations on access to personal information within our organisation.
- All third parties will be under an obligation to maintain the security and confidentiality of your personal data.
- No responsibility will be taken for the content or privacy practices of third-party websites linked to or from www.thefootclinic.net or phone (08) 9384 3545
- This website will not ask for any personal information by email. If you receive an email requesting bank or credit card details, login and/or password please ignore/delete it and let us know by contacting us. Do not verify your bank account or any personal information by clicking on a link – Please let us know.
Offers and Promotions
A discount on extra pairs of custom-made orthotics
- If you order extra pairs of custom-made orthotics within 1 year of the fitting date of the 1st pair of custom-made orthotics, the 2nd pair will receive a 20% discount off the cost of the 1st pair (Item code 221 x 2) and the 3rd pair will receive 30%.